Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


Tylee wondering what in the world Grandma Ann is doing... Yeah Grandma Ann  moves so fast I could only get a blurred vision of her.


This year we had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I was assigned to bring a Vege tray... BORING!!! So I talked Casey into letting me make some pie.  Boy was that a good and bad idea, bad only because I probably ate 1400 calories in just the pie, and good because they were utterly delicious.  I will just take a second to brag about how amazing they turned out.  I made a banana cream pie (my personal favorite) and a chocolate peanut butter cream pie (Casey's favorite).  I will gladly take the first place ribbon for the BEST pie!

Tylee and Mommy
We met up with Casey's family at the church as usual.  Tylee was very naughty a lot of the time.  She didn't even want to play with any of the cousins or Grandma Ann.  It may have just been too many people for her at one time.  After we finished eating she started warming up and being her fun little self.  Grandma Ann got the kids to play some bingo together and Uncle Kayden was so sweat to play with Tylee.
Kayden helping Tylee play bingo... He helped her win a fun little snoopy dog.

Of course my favorite part of Thanksgiving is the Black Friday shopping.  It is tradition to go shopping with some of Casey's brothers and sisters.  Since all the stores opened at 10:00 p.m. on Thursday we decided to start our shopping earlier as well.  We jumped in the car and headed up to Park City with the gang at about 8:30.  Got up to the outlets just in time to storm into the Nike Outlet as the doors swung open.  I wasn't too impressed with the selection this year.  I couldn't find anything I wanted to buy, but luckily Casey was able to find some clothes and a new pair of shoes. 

We typically shop until 8:00 a.m. and end our night/morning with a delightful breakfast at Jerramiah's, but we had party pooper's this year.  We only made it until 3:00 a.m. before most people were ready to be done.  Angie was such a trooper for braving the shopping even in her current health!  We had a blast.  We ended up looking through the ads again, and found that Best Buy still had a camera that we wanted, so Friday night at 9:00 p.m. we set out again with the Muirbrooks and Jared.... it totally topped the midnight madness.

I am so grateful for our family!  Only 6 more days and we are off on our Disney Cruise. YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment