Friday, October 9, 2009

Home at Last!

Day 5: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Pasadena, Maryland

Miles: 256
Departed: 12:30 p.m.
Arrived: 5:00 p.m.

This morning we tried to visit the Steelers stadium, but there was so much construction and so many detours that Casey lost his patience. So we settled with driving past. Pittsburgh was pretty. It made me fill like I was in the mountains. The roads are all confusing... but I think its the same here in Maryland. Must be a back east thing.

When we arrived we were greeted with a nice dinner. Everyone we are going to be working with came over to mingle. It was fun. Until we find a place to live we will be living with Bj and Nicole. I am excited to finally be here. It will be an interesting adventure. I'll be back to work on Monday training in my new job! yay!

2 comments:

  1. This really looks like a fun adventure. I love traveling in a car to see all the sights of the country. Val did insurance adjusting in Florida for hurricane Andrew a couple of years ago and I flew down and rode home with him in our fifth wheel. It was great to see all the changing countryside. How is puppy liking the drive? Love you blog. Take Care, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. all that sounds fun!!! i would apsoluty love to do that!!! i cant wait to see pic of your house!! im so excited for you guys!! what is your new job going to be and what is casy's?
    by the way i love your background! candy corns are do darn good! wha are you going to be for halloween! haha love you! hope to see you soon
    ,asha

    ReplyDelete